Our Message to Clients
At Wellington-Baseline Animal Hospital, we are committed to the health of our clients and companion patients. As such, we are closely monitoring the developing COVID-19 crisis.
At this time, we are committed to remain open to continue to serve our clients and patients. Our business hours have changed slightly; we now open at 9:00AM. Our closing time remains unchanged at 5:00PM.
What are we doing?
- In addition to our current comprehensive cleaning and safety protocols, we have increased our efforts around the hospital to keep exposure to COVID-19 to a minimum
- We use a known viricidal (virus killing) spray frequently on exposed surfaces – especially focusing on the waiting room, the exam rooms, the surgical and treatment areas, and other high-traffic areas of the hospital
- We are committed to continuing to see patients for accidents, emergencies, illnesses and time-sensitive appointments such as puppy/kitten vaccinations – HOWEVER we will be postponing most elective appointments and procedures until further notice.
What can our clients do?
In order to keep us from having an exposure in hospital, we ask the following:
- If you are in self-isolation, have travelled to an at-risk area, have come into possible contact with a COVID-19 positive person, or have any sign of respiratory disease we ask you not to come to the clinic.
- If your pet is sick and needs an appointment we may ask you to arrange to have someone else bring your pet to the clinic or to drop off your pet for an exam and admit from your car and have a doctor or staff member take history over the phone. The hospital doors will remain locked and clients are asked to wait in their vehicles. An exception MAY be made for euthanasia cases, however, only one person will be allowed.
- If you have a life-threatening pet emergency, we will direct you to the emergency hospital.
- We would ask that you limit the number of people coming into the clinic to one (1).
- If you are ordering food or medication, please allow a few business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and delays and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible.
- We will continue to communicate with you on any changes to our COVID-19 plan.
From all of us at Wellington-Baseline Animal Hospital we wish you safety and good health, and remember…
Please be kind and considerate of each other during this stressful time.