Our Message to Clients regarding COVID-19
At Wellington-Baseline Animal Hospital we are committed to the health of our clients and companion patients. As such, we are closely monitoring the developing COVID-19 crisis. As per the Government of Ontario announcement last week we can make the following changes.
With the loosening of restrictions, we are now able to expand our services beyond urgent procedures only to begin to incorporate routine examinations, vaccines and procedures. This does not mean “business as usual” though as all the physical distancing and curbside measures still apply.
We have re-adjusted our business hours slightly: we are now open Monday – Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM and if all goes well with the opening of the economy we shall return to our normal hours.
- In addition to our current comprehensive cleaning and safety protocols, we have increased our efforts around the hospital to keep exposure to COVID-19 to a minimum
- We use a known viricidal (virus killing) spray frequently on exposed surfaces – especially focusing on the waiting room, the exam rooms, the surgical and treatment areas, and other high-traffic areas of the hospital.
In order to minimize the risk of an in-hospital exposure, we ask the following:
- If you are in self-isolation, have travelled to an at-risk area, have come into possible contact with a COVID-19 positive person, or have any sign of respiratory disease we ask you not to come to the clinic.
- Currently we have a closed exam room policy. In the interest of everyone’s well-being the hospital doors will remain locked and clients are asked to wait in their vehicles. We will admit your pet from your car when you arrive at the clinic and a doctor or staff member will take history over the phone or curbside. We will do our best to keep the lines of communication open. While this may slow down appointments and cause longer wait times it allows us to ensure proper social distancing measures are in place. Please be patient.
- We are still accepting credit card payments over the phone and can process debit transactions from the side of your vehicle. We also accept cash by employing special precautions.
- If you are ordering food or medication, please allow a few business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and delays and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible.
- We will continue to communicate with you on any changes to our COVID-19 plan.
From all of us at Wellington-Baseline Animal Hospital we wish you safety and good health, and remember…
Please be kind and considerate of each other during this stressful time.